Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Federal Funding Programs

A Federal Funding Program that I think should be expanded is the Work Study Program in colleges and universities. There actually has been rumors of the government and universities actually cutting Work Study Programs, even here at Mercer. They provide fairly easy jobs and provide financial assistance to one's academic career. They also make time for students to do homework and study. With out this program, many students would have an even harder time trying to stay in school.

A Federal Funding Program that I think should be reduced is HIV and Aids programs. I am all for finding a cure for HIV but it just does not seem to be in the near future. A lot of money has gone into this type of program but I think money can be spent better else where like for cancers or cardiovascular diseases. I still think HIV/AIDS programs should exist, but I think they should be reduced as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment